Nachschlagewerke

• RIC - H. Mattingly/E. A. Sydenham u. a., The Roman Imperial Coinage. 10 Bde. London 1923 – 1994. (Typenkatalog)

Band I: Augustus to Vitellius (27 B.C. to A.D. 69). Revised edition by C.H.V. Sutherland amd R.A.G. Carson, London 1984 (RIC I2).
    Band II: Vespasian to Hadrian ed. H. Mattingly and E. Sydenham, London 1968.
    Band III: Antoninus Pius to Commodus (AD –192), ed. H. Mattingly and E. Sydenham, London 1930).
    Band IV: Part I: Pertinax to Geta; ed. H. Mattingly and E. Sydenham, London 1936.
    Part II: Macrinus to Pupienus; ed. H. Mattingly and E. Sydenham, London 1938.
    Part III: Gordian III to Uranius Antoninus; ed. H. Mattingly and E. Sydenham, London 1949.
    Band V: Part I: Valerian I to Florian; ed. by P.H. Webb, London 1927.
    Part II: Probus to Amandus; ed. by P.H. Webb, London 1933.
    Band VI: From Diocletians Reform (A.D. 284) to the Death of Miaximinus (A.D. 313), by C.H.V. Sutherland, London 1967.
    Band VII: Constantine and Licinius (A.D. 313 – 337), by P.M.Bruun, London 1966.
    Band VIII: The Family of Constantine I (A.D. 337 – 364), by J.P.C.Kent, London 1981.
    Band IX: Valentinian I to Theodosius I (A.D .364 – 395), by J.W.E.Pearce, London 1951.
    Band X: The Divided Empire and the Fall of the Western Parts (A.D. 395 – 491), by J.P.C.Kent, London 1994.

mit freundlichem Gruß

IVSTVS

http://independent.academia.edu/HJJost

• Hunter - A. S. Robertson, Roman Imperial Coins in the Hunter Coin Cabinet, University of Glasgow. 5 Bde. London 1962 – 1982. (Sammlungskatalog)

Band I: Augustus bis Nerva, Oxford 1962.
    Band II: Trajan bis Commodus, Oxford 1971.
    Band III: Pertinax bis Aemilian, Oxford 1977.
    Band IV: Valerian I. bis Allectus, Oxford 1978.
    Band V: Diocletian (Reform) bis Zeno, Oxford 1982.

Anmerkung: In den Fußnoten zu einzelnen Münzen wird auf die Typennummer im RIC und auf eine Vergleichsmünze im BMCRE verwiesen.

mit freundlichem Gruß

IVSTVS

• BMCRR - Coins of the Roman Republic in the British Museum by H. A. Grueber, Oxford 1910, 2. Auflage 1970. (Sammlungskatalog)

Band I (Aes Rude, Aes Signatum, Aes Grave and Coinage of Rome from 268 B.C.)
    1. Introduction. 2. Catalogue of Coins Coinage of Rome (268 – 37 B.C.)

Band II
    (Catalogue of Coins)
    Coinage of Rome (36 – 3 B.C.): 1. Romano–Campanian Coinage. 2. Coinage of Italy. 3. Coinage of the Social War. 4. Coinage of the Provinces. 5. Coinage of Spain. 6. Coinage of Gaul. 7. Coinage of The East. 8. Coinage of Sicily. 9. Coinage of Africa. 10. Coinage of Cyrenaica

Appendix
    1. Coinage of Rome. 2. Romano–Campanian Coinage. 3. Coinage of Italy. 4. Coinage of The Social War. 5. Coinage of The East. 6. Concordances (BMCRR – BMCRE I / BMCRE I– BMCRR )

Band III (Tables of Finds and Cognomina, Indexes, Plates, Etc.)
    Tables of Finds of Roman Republican Silver Coins
    Table of "Cognomina" on Roman Republican Coins with the Names of The "Gentes" to which they belong

Indexes
    I. Names and Titels of Moneyers, Magistrates etc.
    II. Remarkable Inscriptions ( andere Eigennamen als die in Index I verzeichneten Magistrate)
    III. Types, Symbols of Moneyers etc.
    IV. Symbols as Mint–Marks or Die-Marks (Zeichen von Prägestätten oder Münzstempeln)
    V. General Index

Table of the Relative Weights of English Grains and French Grammes

mit freundlichem Gruß

IVSTVS

• BMCRE - Coins of the Roman Republic in the Bristish Museum von H. A. Grueber, Oxford 1910, 2. Auflage 1970. (Sammlungskatalog)

Band II (Catalogue of Coins)
    Coinage of Rome (36 – 3 B.C.) à 1. Romano–Campanian Coinage. 2. Coinage of Italy. 3. Coinage of the Social War. 4. Coinage of the Provinces. 5. Coinage of Spain. 6. Coinage of The East. 7. Coinage of Sicily. 8. Coinage of Africa. 9. Coinage of Cyrenaica.

Appendix
    1. Coinage of Rome. 2. Romano–Campanian Coinage. 3. Coinage of Italy. 4. Coinage of The Social War. 5. Coinage of The East. 6. Concordances (BMCRR – BMCRE I / BMCRE I– BMCRR )

Band III (Tables of Finds and Cognomina, Indexes, Plates, Etc.)
    1. Tables of Finds of Roman Republican Silver Coins
    2. Table of "Cognomina" on Roman Republican Coins with the Names of The "Gentes" to which they belong

Indexes
    I. Names and Titels of Moneyers, Magistrates etc.
    II. Remarkable Inscriptions ( andere Eigennamen als die in Index I verzeichneten Magistrate)
    III. Types, Symbols of Moneyers etc.
    IV. Symbols as Mint–Marks or Die-Marks (Zeichen von Prägestätten oder Münzstempeln)
    V. General Index

Table of the Relative Weights of English Grains and French Grammes
    Table of Converting English Inches into Millimeters and the Measures of Mionnet's Scale
    Plates

mit freundlichem Gruß

IVSTVS

• RRC – M. Crawford, Roman Republican Coinage, Oxford 1974 (2. Bde.)

Band I: Introduction and Catalogue

Band II: Studies, Plates and Indexes

I. Index of Types
    a) substantive types (setzt die Interpretation des Münzbildes voraus und nennt die Typennummer)
    b) symbols as die-marks (erschließt die Symbole, die man als Münzmarken interpretiert)

II. Index of Legends
    a) Latin (alle Legenden der Vorder- und Rückseiten in alphabetischer Reihenfolge)
    b) Greek (sehr selten)

mit freundlichem Gruß

IVSTVS

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!